[sustran] Fair Transport - comments

Eric.Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue May 2 16:57:48 JST 2006

Fair - "Characterized by honesty and justice : Free from fraud,
injustice, prejudice, or favoritism : Open, frank, honest; hence equal,
just, equitable, impartial., unprejudiced, ' (Webster's Unabridged, 2nd
edition)

(Dear Friends. We are getting some fine, very challenging comments,
challenges and even some support for this idea coming in over the
transom this week, some of which is reaching you here directly but all
food for thought - which you will shortly have here in more
comprehensive form with comments, along with an entirely redrafted set
of background notes on our strange new term (for poof of its strangeness
or at least unfamiliarity in this context, I propose you check it out on
Google, stripping it away of course from all (that is most off it) which
has nothing to do with our topic). In the meantime, I am pleased to
share with you the following note from my esteemed colleague Professor
Richard Allsop, who makes a point that I for one am not going to let
slip.  "Fair Transport" may in time perhaps serve to extend and fine
tune the phrase sustainable transport, but let me not kid myself. It is
not about to wipe it out.  But more on that shortly. ericbritton. And oh
yes, PS. One of the ideas behind this new phrase is to create a base for
some form of high profile Fair Transport Labeling. But that too in due
course.)