[sustran] Re: On vs off street parking or simply reducing on streetparking

Walter Hook whook at itdp.org
Tue May 2 00:10:03 JST 2006

Todd, Eric, and Eric,

If we assume a fixed number of parking spaces and we assume that those
parking spaces are charged at the full market rate and pricing is optimized,
and the only two options for the use of the roadway is a)parking and
b)facilities for non-motorized travel (sidewalks or bikeways) is it better
for the parking to be on the street or in garages?

I vote for the garages.