[sustran] Re: Chinese tax for big cars

Sunny sksunny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:32:25 JST 2006

> Of course the number of scooters and motorcycles is still growing
> rapidly, as it is everywhere else, but things could be worse!
>
> Zvi

The increase in scooters and motorcycles is the initial stage for
becoming automobile dependent with a fast growing country like China the
future prices of the cars would be far more cheaper (locally produced)
and with its increasing infrastructural development China would be in a
place that it thinks it can accommodate the new vehicles but on the long
run it might change the whole scene...."higher you rise the greater the
thud"...The same thing even goes for the alternative fuels. As per my
understanding the alternative fuels like CNG or biodiesel can help to
reduce the environmental pollution but i don't think they can reduce the
car ridership I presume that they actually increase the ridership and
the other technologies like hydrogen and fuel cell are way too far for
the developing countries to afford.

Sunny