[sustran] Sustainable Transport Textbooks

Jeff Casello jcasello at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Mar 24 23:14:33 JST 2006

Hi all:

Many thanks to all of you for the excellent suggestions: links,
attachments, and references.  I am very grateful.

I (obviously) haven't had much time to pore over the information I
received, but I do have one outstanding concern.  Second year
students are accustomed to a course format where each week a topic is
introduced, quantitative methods for addressing the problem are
described, and an assignment is given.  I wonder how much is
available in terms of "technical methods" for assessing
"sustainability" in terms of, say, air quality, water quality, land
consumption, etc.

This weekend, I intend to spend a great deal of time processing your
suggestions and developing both a set of reference materials and a
detailed course syllabus.  I imagine that there will be some
sufficiently large holes to fill, so I may be seeking more ideas.

Thanks again to all.

Jeff