[sustran] Re: Sustainable Transport Textbooks

Todd Alexander Litman litman at vtpi.org
Fri Mar 24 02:06:17 JST 2006

Here are some resources that may be useful:

"Sustainable Transportation" chapter of the VTPI Online TDM
Encyclopedia (http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm67.htm ) has numerous references.

"Well Measured: Developing Indicators for Comprehensive and
Sustainable Transport Planning" (http://www.vtpi.org/wellmeas.pdf )

"Sustainable Transportation Planning Course Syllabus," by Professor
Carlos Balsas (http://www.vtpi.org/sustain/balsas_syllabus.pdf )

"Issues in Sustainable Transportation" (http://www.vtpi.org/sus_iss.pdf )

"Reinventing Transportation: Exploring the Paradigm Shift Needed to
Reconcile Transportation and Sustainability Objectives"
(http://www.vtpi.org/reinvent.pdf )

We are in the process of developing a subdirectory on sustainable
transportation: http://www.vtpi.org/sustain

Best wishes,
-Todd Litman

At 05:59 AM 3/23/2006, Jeff Casello wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>I have been asked to teach a course on "sustainable transport" to
>second year university students.  Is anyone aware of a decent
>textbook in this area?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Jeff Casello
>
>Jeffrey Casello
>Assistant Professor of Planning and Civil Engineering
>University of Waterloo ES1 -316
>200 University Avenue West
>Waterloo, Ontario Canada N2L 3G1
>jcasello at fes.uwaterloo.ca
>519 888 4567 x7538

>SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of people-centred,
>equitable and sustainable transport with a focus on developing
>countries (the 'Global South'). Because of the history of the list,
>the main focus is on urban transport policy in Asia.

Sincerely,
Todd Alexander Litman
Victoria Transport Policy Institute (www.vtpi.org)
litman at vtpi.org
Phone & Fax 250-360-1560
1250 Rudlin Street, Victoria, BC, V8V 3R7, CANADA
"Efficiency - Equity - Clarity"