[sustran] Re: Experts for more roads in city (See Lee Schippercommentson this)

Lee Schipper SCHIPPER at wri.org
Mon Mar 20 21:55:21 JST 2006

I have a slide submitted with the Xian report I will try to dig out.
basically the numbers are 15-20%. I think the 20-22 includes lots of
parking etc..

>>> Alan.Howes at cbuchanan.co.uk 3/20/2006 5:58:16 AM >>>
Lee's comments where?

4% of urban area devoted to transport does indeed seem low, but 20-22%
sounds excessive.  Has anyone got comparative figures for a raft of
other cities?

Alan

--
Alan Howes
Associate Transport Planner

tel:      (0)131 226 4693 (switchboard)
           (0)7952 464335  (mobile)
fax:     (0)131 220 0232
www: http:/www.cbuchanan.co.uk/
_______________________________
are
addressed. Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to
receive
it for the addressee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this email in error please contact
the
sender by replying to this email.
Any views expressed by an individual within this email which do not
constitute or record professional advice relating to the business of
Colin Buchanan, do not necessarily reflect the views of the company.
Any
professional advice or opinion contained within this email is subject
our terms and conditions of business.
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting
software
viruses. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by
software viruses.