[sustran] Re: Motorcycle and Scooter Ride to Work

Sunny sksunny at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 13:10:00 JST 2006

The reasons for this increase in motor cycle use and, obviously, the
reduced safety is primarily the lack of pedestrian facilities and
inefficient/unaffordable public transport. As Will said in Bangkok there
is an upward trend of motorcycle ownership and accidents and anyone who
is well aware of the close friendship between Bangkok and car/motorbike
will surely see the lack of pedestrian facilities, and so is the case
even in many cities of India, Sri Lanka or any other developing Asian
city. When adequate pedestrian facilities are not provided getting a
"motor" attached to the "cycle" is the only affordable choice.

Hence, Encouraging and "Enforcing" bicycle to work is more important
than having days for "motor"-riding to work.

Sunny