[sustran] Re: Motorcycles in the world

Chirag Shah chirag.d.s at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 16:38:35 JST 2006

Dear Nguyen,

Hi, I read your request on the motorcycles on the mail list.

I am sending you the link of Society of Indian Automobile
Manufacturers website. This contains the data for last 5 years of
sales of vehicles in India, which obviously includes two-wheelers as a
break up of scooters, motorcycles and mopeds.

http://www.siamindia.com/scripts/domestic-sales-trend.aspx

As you would see, that two-wheelers here in India constitute more than
70 to 80 per cent of the total sales of vehilces. And there are no
signs of this trend ever reversing, at least in the near future.

In India nobody wants to use public transport, given their state of
affairs. Two-wheelers is the obvious choice given that car
(thankfully) is still not that affordable.

If you have any problem in downloading the file, do let me know and I would
send you the data ASAP.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes