[sustran] Re: Are bicycles good for the environment?

Sunny sksunny at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 19:30:10 JST 2006

Nice article but many things to think of...just becoz cyclists live
longer and eat more is cycling bad?...something to think of....how about
thinking of sustainable consumption rather....If the developed countries
consumed in a sustainable way then the world would have been a different
place. Though India is 2nd most populated country in the world but how
much energy does India consume compared to the developed counterparts?
Increasing demand of energy in India or China is for the industrial
activities which feed the developed countries. Self Sufficiency is the
buzz word I guess. When India cannot feed its own people why are we
planning to meet the needs of others (Only my govt. shud know).

KEEP BIKING FOLKS!!!

Sunny

(I hope we wont end in a future where killing human is the only
sustainable alternative for living???? may be or maybe not)