[sustran] "many people misunderstand car sharing and car-pooling. It is not the time."

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Jul 6 15:44:54 JST 2006

Dear Zhu,

There are situations in which "not the time" is the best time.

My small (and most respectful) way of saying that since carsharing has or
can have a certain, call it, Yuppie image, it strikes me that it just might
be marketable in . . .

BTW, carsharing does not save the world or even cities. But it can be one of
a very large number of percent solutions, which when you put the all
together you just might have a far more sustainable transport systems.

Requires thought (including driving out a lot of old thoughts from our busy
minds that are probably the most important challenge) and then good old hard
work.

Bottom line: Carsharing could work in China, but needs a hero.

Eric Britton

Hi,

I did not have much time to the long article about car in China.  But, yes,
car sharing is a new concept for most China people, and many people
misunderstand car sharing and car-pooling. It is not the time.

Zhu Songli

Beijing