[sustran] Sustainable transportation in tongues

eric.britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Jan 30 17:34:25 JST 2006

We have in the last few weeks begun a group definition of "sustainable
transportation" in the English language version of the Wikipedia.  But it
exists in dozens of other languages as well, and since it is rapidly
emerging as a first or second stop shop for people trying to sort out new
concepts and their place in this world, it strikes me that we should get
ourselves together to take the entry that we have thus far developed at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_transportation -- and then hope
that one of our number or someone who cares about sustainability in our
daily lives, to help develop even better entries in French, Spanish, German,
Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Japanese, Urdu, Hindustani, Arabic  .
. . And why does this list have to stop, eh?  (And yes of course also
Esperanto.)

Now what is great about the Wikipedia way of life is that these various
language entries themselves can link - see the entry on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_development to see how that works.

Thus, one thing that I have in mind is that if we do this and if those of us
who have some language capacities can travel between the various language
groups we can learn and bring over ideas and concepts that our particular
entry may not yet have spotted and integrated.

And if you do this, I would be very pleased if you could kindly keep us in
the loop.

Eric Britton

PS. You will see if you do not already accept this: Self-Organizing
Collaborative Networks
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Organizing_Collaborative_Network) do or
at least can be made to work!