[sustran] Carbon credits and developing alternative fuels in LDCs

Ramon Fernan bayk_aksyon at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 22:01:52 JST 2006

I'm not sure if this has been brought up for
discussion in this forum as I was disconnected for a
long time from the group. I was wondering what people
think about the idea of the developed countries
promoting alternative fuels, specifically for
transport but can be for any other uses, in order for
them to earn carbon credits? Is this a good idea?
Should civil society groups get involved? Are there
any examples, both good and bad, for how these kinds
of things work? I would really appreciate your
thoughts on this.

Ramon Fernan