[sustran] Fwd: China & India today compared with USA in 1915

Paul Barter paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
Mon Feb 13 12:12:49 JST 2006

I am forwarding this interesting exchange from the NewMobilityCafe,
since it is on topic for sustran-discuss. Lee points out that the
transport situation in low or middle-income cities today is NOT the same
as the past situations of today's high income cities. I have some
thoughts on this too, which I will share later I hope. BTW Lee is
responding to a question from Simon Norton below.

Paul

Paul A. Barter  |  Assistant Professor  |  LKY School of Public Policy
|  National University of Singapore  |  29 Heng Mui Keng Terrace  |
Singapore 119620  |  Tel: +65-6516 3324  |  Fax: +65-6778 1020  |
Email:  paulbarter at nus.edu.sg  |
http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/faculty/paulbarter/
I am speaking for myself, not for my employers.
Are you interested in urban transport in developing countries? Then try
http://urbantransportasia.blogspot.com/
And consider joining the SUSTRAN-DISCUSS list,
http://list.jca.apc.org/manage/listinfo/sustran-discuss or
http://www.geocities.com/sustrannet/

Message: 5