[sustran] WorldTransport Forum What is 'SustainableTransportation'?

On the Train Towards the Future! edelman at greenidea.info
Wed Feb 1 18:08:35 JST 2006

Hi all,

I like it that our "Tree of Usufruct" is being better defined.

Everything is of course relative to a "spotless ideal" but at a certain point cold is simply cold... what I mean is that I am not going to stand naked outside in the "winter in Siberia" just like I wouldnt on the surface of Pluto... Siberia is not really better even though it is warmer.

So - call me a fundamenalist if you like - we should call a spade a spade:  I just see no place for any kind of urban, individually-owned and operated car on a list of "sustainable transport options" even if is operated on thought-power, wishes, waste heat from an absolutist email posting, etc. Even if the city doesnt have public transport or a really spreadout design, we have to steer away from any kind of possible confusion on this matter.

- T

Todd Edelman
International Coordinator
On the Train Towards the Future!