[sustran] most dangerous roads in the world

eric.britton at free.fr eric.britton at free.fr
Mon Dec 25 19:57:23 JST 2006

Source:
http://thrillingwonder.blogspot.com/2006/11/most-dangerous-roads-in-world.html

Robin Chase has sent this on with the forwarded caption "well that's one way to
cut down on emissions".

Fair enough, but to my way of looking at it what is seems to underline is our
powerful, primeval thirst for "getting there".  It awes me, and at the same time
reminds me that this stuff that we so easily call 'transportation' is deeply
deeply seated, and if we are to get control of it for all the reasons you and I
know, we are going to have to be great psychologists, knowers of people, and
communicators to get out point across

Eric Britton, as he watches 2006 head for the door.

PS And in the spirit of the season, the following just in from our ingenious
friends from Past Colombia, home of, among other fine things, the world's first
totally voluntary Citizen Car Free Day in 2006. Which I include here because it
also, does it not?, tell us about how deep our motivations can run when it comes
to getting around in our daily lives.

11A copyESP.jpg