[sustran] Re: regarding thesis topic

AD banmt at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 16:03:05 JST 2006

Hi everybody,

My name is Nguyen Anh Dung, from Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), Vietnam and I also want to do my master thesis (will start at the mid of 2007) about transportation for HCMC. As you know, traffic is really a problem in my country and it is getting worse. The recent  accidents of two famous professors (1 of US - got injured and 1 of Vietnam - dead) are just few among thousands of accidents every year (almost all caused by motorcycle).

According to what I read on the net, HCMC has its master plan for transportation (done with the help from Japan International Cooperation Agency - JICA in 2004) and the authority wants to build a metro for the city also.

Because of the master plan, I am not quite sure what my master thesis can do anything else about this field. Any idea is highly appreciated.

My background is environmental science.

Thank you.

Nguyen Anh Dung
Faculty of Environment and Resource Studies.
Mahidol University, ThaiLand.

Todd Edelman <edelman at greenidea.info> wrote:

> Where are you based?

Sujit, see details below....

- T

> --
> Sujit
>

> On 12/23/06, anirudh singh bais  wrote:
>>
>> I am a student of transport planning doing my P.G. from school of
>> planning and architecture .I have to do my thesis next near starting
>> Jan 2007 and want to do something new.I would appreciate fresh
>> idea's .I want to do something practical and related to ongoing issues
>> in
>> pavement design and highways .
>> Thanking You
>> Anirudh Singh Bais

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory

Korunní 72
CZ-10100 Praha 10
Czech Republic

++420 605 915 970
Skype: toddedelman

edelman at greenidea.eu
http://www.worldcarfree.net/onthetrain

Green Idea Factory,
a member of World Carfree Network

IMPORTANT NOTE to everyone who gets sustran-discuss messages via YAHOOGROUPS.

Please go to http://list.jca.apc.org/manage/listinfo/sustran-discuss to join the real sustran-discuss and get full membership rights. The yahoogroups version is only a mirror and 'members' there cannot post to the real sustran-discuss (even if the yahoogroups site makes it seem like you can). Apologies for the confusing arrangement.

http://mail.yahoo.com