[sustran] BRT videos - in progress

Eric Britton Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Dec 16 20:54:41 JST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

BRT videos:

This - a readily available library of free videos and film clips which show how
BRT works (and why not, where it may not) - may be available somewhere out there
on the web --  but I for one have been unable to uncover anything quite like it.
So we have decided to get to work and see if and how we might make something
along these lines available on the New Mobility Agenda site
(http://www.newmobility.org <http://www.newmobility.org/> ).

So if you go the New Mobility site today and look down way at the end of the
left menu, you will see a final slot labeled Brainfood, then More, then click to
BRT videos to see the beginning of this collection.  The goal is to see how we
might all get together to add materials that will be of use to cities, groups
and people who want to know more about how this "new" transportation concept
works.

So if you have anything that we can add here, please either send it on in a form
that we can then upload to YouTube -- or better yet to it yourself and let us
know when it is on line.

Let me know what you think about this, including your harsh criticism of the
little introductory video, which as you will immediately see could be greatly
improved. ;-)

BRT Photos:

Likewise we have started a collection of photos of BRT systems and details (that
being where the devil is), kicking it off with a collection covering Paris's
very nice indeed Mobilien systems - which you can see if you click first to the
Media Library link on the left menu (toward to top) and then quite simply Paris
BRT. But if you have others that you think might help cities and people to
better grasp what this is all about, please either send us links, the images
themselves, or create your own web album (you'll see how that works on the
site).

Eric Britton

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_zt> Chinese

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_nl> Dutch

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_en> English

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_fr> French

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_de> German

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_it> Italian

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_jp> Japanese

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_ko> Korean

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_pt> Portuguese

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_ru> Russian

*
<http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&url=http://www.ecoplan.or
g/wtpp/general/in-brief.htm&&lp=en_es> Spanish

PS. You may or may not have noticed yet, but the entire New Mobility Agenda site
has been massively overhauled to get us ready for the big push that is to begin
in 2007. The year that is going to mark the difference. Stay tuned. Get
involved. You are part of the solution.

Machine Translations:  Here is one example of  how we are trying to apply simple
free tools which can open up all the information contents of all these sites
under the Agenda to people who may have some difficulties with the English
language text here. The attached for example has been taken from the opening
summary page for the New Mobility site, and if you click any of the indicated
languages you will find a rough machine translation that pops up in another
window. Handy, but just to be sure you may wish to click the link to the Help
Desk that appears just below each of these translation boxes.

[ Opens in own window ]
 <http://ecoplan.org/general/translate.htm> [Click for * Help desk * ]