[sustran] Re: Driving in Bangalore / India - patronizing, offensive, heavy handed and counter-productive

Debi Goenka debi.cat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 01:15:04 JST 2006

I am rather amused by all this fuss over a light hearted piece written by an annoymous "Dutchman" who may not even exist, and my amusement is increased by the fact that I have now have to consider myself as a native activist from India, land of snakes and tigers! (Has anyone seen the Indian rope trick recently? I also stay on the 5th floor, not too far from the elevator, and would be happy to show this to anyone who cares to drive in).

And on a more serious note, as Alan has observed after two weeks in Mumbai, life on the roads is quite different here, and unless people on this list make allowances for this, we will never achieve common ground.

(Do get in touch Alan, whilst you are still alive in Mumbai - would love to meet over a pothole :) )

Cheers!

Debi Goenka

B 502 Glengate
Hiran. Gardens, Powai