[sustran] Re: Driving in Bangalore / India - patronizing, offensive, heavy handed and counter-productive

Alan Howes alaninthegulf at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 21:16:50 JST 2006

But remember, Eric, it was an Indian activist who forwarded this to the
group.  Like it's Indians who produced the T shirt I have making
similar comments about auto-rickshaws.

I find that Indians, unlike some others, have an excellent sense of
humour and know not to take themselves too seriously.

Though how one brings about an improvement in the awful driving
standards here, which result in very high accident rates, is another
matter.

Regards, Alan (contact details in sig, currently in Dharavi bus depot,
Mumbai, next to Asia's biggest slum ...)

--
Alan and Jacqui Howes, Perthshire, Scotland
alan at ourpeagreenboat.co.uk (Alan)