[sustran] Re: Helping to make Global South a really useful tool

Sujit Patwardhan sujit at vsnl.com
Fri Aug 11 17:43:23 JST 2006

Yes you are a terrible bore Eric, but I like you that way :)
Yes we have been working on programmes and projects to push sustainable
urban transport in Pune and apart from a small SGP grant through the
Ministry of Environement Govt of India and the United Nations, have had to
manage with our meagre funding. I will try to send you a note on this.
Warm regards,
--
Sujit

On 8/11/06, Eric Britton <eric.britton at ecoplan.org> wrote:

>  I know, I know, I am a terrible bore.  But what about this?
>

>    1. *Local S/T programs?* Have you been involved in or know about a
>    program or project that is tying to push toward more sustainable transport
>    arrangements in your city or region? If so, don't you think it might be
>    doubly useful for it to be identified and linked in the new Global South
>    Mobility collaborative program that we are slaving at developing at
>    http://www.globalsouthmobility.org/.
>
>     2. *Webcams:* Do you know about any webcams showing traffic in
>    Global South cities? If you go to News/Images/Watch City Traffic on the
>    working site, you will see a collection of links taken from the New Mobility
>    Agenda, but we need to narrow in on GS cities? Suggestions?
>

> Anything else missing or needing to be fixed before we (and you maybe)
> announce this to the world. And then see what  happens next.
>

> ericbritton

> (the 'Global South'). Because of the history of the list, the main focus is
> on urban transport policy in Asia.

Sujit Patwardhan
sujit at vsnl.com
sujitjp at gmail.com