[sustran] Re: Fwd: Re: "regenerative" value of human power transportation

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.info
Sun Apr 23 00:17:14 JST 2006

Daryl wrote:

> The discussion topic IS sustainable TRANSPORTATION - not sustainable
> living.

TRUE, but you can't separate sustainable transport from its "parent
philosophy" "sustainability" (or sustainable living). You talk about
transporting food, but what is the point - I am speaking metaphorically
here - of transporting food if the food is poisonous, of if you have no
mouth...or really (forgive me) if you have no stomach, intestines,
rectum... toilet, sewers, sewage treatment/biogas reactor, etc.
Sustainable transport is part of a system, and "zooming out" just part way
brings you to urban design, etc. We have to think holistically, vertically
and horizontally.

What would be good to do with your (in)famous spreadsheet is convert it to
points, and then figure out how many points people get for just feeling
happy, sad, exhausted, etc.

- T

Todd Edelman
International Coordinator