[sustran] Re: Hybrid cars- article from IHT

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.info
Fri Apr 21 07:20:54 JST 2006

Hi everyone,

Is this the "fuel economy" list? The "better car" list? Technical
information about engines is always interesting of course, as are "the
facts" about "hype-brid cars", but  talking about "cost" as only, for
example, purchase price vs. long-term fuel price, etc is like sooooo last
century! (That means "cost" involves many, many factors--and I know Daryl
has been challenged on that point before).

This discussion started with a posting from Carlos, and I wrote him
off-list that hype-brids were, in my opinion, not a step in any direction
except the wrong one, because they are overwhelmingly still supposed to be
used by individuals and like all other cars have all many negatives
besides "tailpipe emissions" for this reason and many others. So they just
confuse people, and lots of California politicians buy huge hybrids, and
it is all such a bunch of nonsense... the Audi Awhatever may be a "great"
car but there is great about it.

- T

Todd Edelman
International Coordinator