[sustran] Re: UK Congestion charge chiefs may profit from a Swedishlesson

Sunny sksunny at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:25:00 JST 2006

It is very nice that Stockholm has benefited so much from congestion
charging but one thing that troubles me is the reinvestment of the money
into roads. If there is a study on the modal shift and the demand for
other modes of travel since the charging system was introduced, then the
investment could be diverted to such other means instead of roads again.
It will be great to see the people of Stockholm voting "YES" for the
system. I would have done that if I was there.

Stockholm can be a very good case study for congestion charging. I would
be glad if any one can provide me details of any publications that can
highlight the mistakes that London made and what alternatives Stockholm
has adopted to overcome these mistakes.

Cheers,
Sunny