[sustran] TV program on CFDs (In the language of Cervantes)

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Oct 8 07:01:19 JST 2005

Dear Friends, Estimados amigos, etc. etc,

To get out our message we have to learn to  get away from our various
comfortable towers, ivory, print and otherwise.  Here is an example of
our old friend the MIT prof and transport expert Mikel Murga who takes
the challenges of Car Free Days and above all the citizen led path to
more sustainable transport, to a general television audience in Spain on
27 September.  In it he speaks with a pubic audience and a couple of
other invitees in a televised discussion of the Car Free Day movement on
the streets of Spanish cities and beyond.

It is a good 15 minutes, including with the kinds of minimum
information-based self-assigned expertise on the part of the TV
presenters and some of the more furious of those sharing their best
thoughts. Hmm.  Ain't it ever so?

Achtung. It's an 18 mo. monster wmv file, but in my view well worth the
time.  Food for thought. Address:
<http://web.mit.edu/mmurga/Public/PasaloDiaSinCoches.wmv>
http://web.mit.edu/mmurga/Public/PasaloDiaSinCoches.wmv.

And a wonderful opportunity to improve your Spanish.