[sustran] Re: The American way of traffic: Lessons from life

Thomas C thomas.cr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:46:27 JST 2005

nice picture!
 i looked it up on google earth and you know what the funniest thing is?
this is _downtown_ houston! all of what we see on the picture is within the
freeway loop which makes a 1km radius circle around the center.
 within this perimeter, 1/4 of the land is skyscrapers, 3/4 parking lots.
 who said americans dont walk anymore? the last ones to park get to walk
through 1km of parking lot to get to their office, twice a day!
 unless they do use public transit or some shuttle bus service, just to
travel thru parking lots?
  thomas