[sustran] A cycling revolution in Dalat

Viet Hung Khuat kviethung at gmx.de
Fri May 27 22:02:32 JST 2005

Dear Alls,
I found a very interesting article on the Vietnamse online newpaper, Tuoitre
online. This article described about a cycling revolution in Dalat, a small
touristic Town in the Central High Land of Vietnam. The most interesting is
the founder of this revoluation is not a sustainable transport expert or
businessman, but a schoolgirl who started the idea with 15 couple bikes in
order to save her family life.
Her flame is burning the city now and making the revolution of cycling in
Dalat.
I tried to translate the Vietnamse article inot English and the shortages of
time and language capability do nt alloe me to do an excellent job. However,
I hope that the article will provide you an interest example of how to start
to pull people to use bicyle in a developing city.
Sincerely,
Khuat Viet Hung

Khuat Viet Hung, M.Eng
(C/o: Prof. Manfred Boltze)
Institut fuer Verkehr, TU Darmstadt
Petersenstrasse 30, 64287 Darmstadt, Deutschland
Tel. : + 49-6151-16 2026
Fax:  + 49-6151-16 2045