[sustran] Re: Sustainable Transportation Indicators

roland at actrix.gen.nz roland at actrix.gen.nz
Sun Mar 27 16:14:58 JST 2005

Hi Todd and others

For those interested in this topic, last year the New Zealand Ministry for
the Environment published "Monitoring and Data Management Protocol:
Environmental Indicators for Transport" which can be found at
http://www.mfe.govt.nz/publications/ser/monitoring-data-protocol-transport-may04/html/

The set of indicators is quite narrow by some measures.  However, there
are also separate sets of indicators for air and water quality and urban
indicators - these can be found on the same website
www.mfe.govt.nz/publications/ser

Thanks also for the reference which was very timely.  New Zealand
legislation has now made promoting sustainability a key function of the
national land transport funding body - putting that into practice is
proving interesting!  A little information can be found at the website of
Land Transport New Zealand - www.ltnz.govt.nz but please ask me offline if
you are interested in more detail.

Best wishes
Roland Sapsford