[sustran] Re: Transport of Delight! New Book!

Maunder, Dave A C dmaunder at trl.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 18:09:44 JST 2005

Sujit
I think this is excellent advice !
Dave Maunder
UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Sujit Patwardhan [mailto:sujit at vsnl.com]
Sent: 17 March 2005 08:16
To: Asia and the Pacific sustainable transport
Subject: [sustran] Re: Transport of Delight! New Book!

Yes I agree with Paul.
Being a member of this list I have great respect for many individuals
who
have broadened my own understanding of issues relating to transport and
often going beyond it.
It would be a pity if instead of a vigorous debate, which can be a
learning
experience for many of us, this becomes a platform for angry exchanges.
Take a deep breath....count up to hundred... and if these don't work
...sleep on it. As a person known for blowing his top at the slightest
provocation, I can promise it works!!!
--
Sujit Patwardhan
Pune

At 12:15 PM 3/17/2005, you wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Just a short note from one of the list managers to suggest that we all
>take a deep breath before responding further on this thread. I am not
>warning anyone specifically but it looks like this thread may be
>threatening to turn into a flame war.
>
>The old guideline, to sleep on it first if ever tempted to respond in
>anger, seems to me a good one. Email is a medium in which strong words
>have a habit of escalating very quickly.
>
>I do not wish to censor any discussions. This sustran-discuss community

>that we have built welcomes debate, including very vigorous debate.
>There is an interesting difference in perspective here which will
>explored more usefully with cool heads and temperate language.
>
>Best wishes and I am very much looking forward to seeing more vigorous
>but level-headed discussion on this isssue, which is of considerable
>interest for transport in developing countries.
>
>Paul
>(co-list-manager)

>SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of people-centred,
>equitable and sustainable transport with a focus on developing
countries
>(the 'Global South'). Because of the history of the list, the main
focus
>is on urban transport policy in Asia.

Sujit Patwardhan
sujit at vsnl.com

SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of people-centred,
equitable and sustainable transport with a focus on developing countries
(the 'Global South'). Because of the history of the list, the main focus
is on urban transport policy in Asia.

This communication contains information sent from the TRL Limited
email system which is confidential, and may also be privileged.
It is for the exclusive use of the addressee.  If you are not the
addressee, please note that any distribution, copying or use of
this communication, or the information therein, is prohibited.
the sender by return email.

TRL Limited reserves the right to monitor emails in accordance
with the Telecommunications Lawful Business Practice -
Interception of Communications Regulations 2000.