[sustran] Re: Transport of Delight! New Book!

Paul Barter paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
Thu Mar 17 15:45:13 JST 2005

Hi all

Just a short note from one of the list managers to suggest that we all
take a deep breath before responding further on this thread. I am not
warning anyone specifically but it looks like this thread may be
threatening to turn into a flame war.

The old guideline, to sleep on it first if ever tempted to respond in
anger, seems to me a good one. Email is a medium in which strong words
have a habit of escalating very quickly.

I do not wish to censor any discussions. This sustran-discuss community
that we have built welcomes debate, including very vigorous debate.
There is an interesting difference in perspective here which will
explored more usefully with cool heads and temperate language.

Best wishes and I am very much looking forward to seeing more vigorous
but level-headed discussion on this isssue, which is of considerable
interest for transport in developing countries.

Paul
(co-list-manager)