[sustran] College Campuses: Sustainable Transportation Laboratories

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Jun 14 23:08:54 JST 2005

Thank you Carlos.  It will be good to see how they are contrasting with the
thoughtless mainstream in the bit city.

And for the rest? What about universities in Singapore?  Malaysia?  Japan?
And Carlos that list must go on?  Of are we every time destined to repeat
without a single thought the mistakes of the suddenly quite "old"
North/West/whatever you ant to call it?

Eric Britton

Though I have no bibliographical references or have written anything about
it, I found out that Bangkok's Thammasat University (a little bit in the
outskirts of the city) has a very high percentage of bicycle use. It's
really funny to find this near Bangkok, where you will find very few
bicycles and a very intense car use. just a thought. I have some nice
pictures if anyone is interested.

Best regards,

Carlos F. Pardo

Project Coordinator

GTZ Sustainable Urban Transport Project (SUTP)

Room 0942, Transport Division, UN-ESCAP

ESCAP UN Building

Rajadamnern Nok Rd.

Bangkok 10200, Thailand