[sustran] Re: Airport ground access modal shares - a request

Alan P Howes alan at ourpeagreenboat.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 04:09:16 JST 2005

Thanks for this Eric - haven't looked yet, but it sounds just what I
was looking for.

You are indeed right about workers - the one we are looking at is
planned to have 160,000, but being the Gulf a lot of them would live
in "camps" nearby and get bussed for free.

The other issue is "Meeters and Greeters" - estimating how many of
these there might be, and what group sizes we are talking about, for
the various ethnic groups, is quite tricky.

I just arrived back (from Beirut) at Edinburgh Airport, Scotland this
morning.  It has an excellent bus link to the city centre, running
every 10 minutes and taking about 25 minutes - about the same as a
taxi.  GBP 3.00 single.  It was very well used this morning - but
Edinburgh Airport is heavily used by tourists, many quite
cost-conscious and staying in or near the city centre.  Linking
airports to the suburbs (with transit) is a lot more difficult.

Alan

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:14:58 -0700 (GMT-07:00), Eric Bruun
<ericbruun at earthlink.net> wrote to Asia and the Pacific sustainable
transport <sustran-discuss at list.jca.apc.org>, Asia and the Pacific

--
Alan P Howes, Perthshire, Scotland