[sustran] WTN Awards for Seoul Regenerative Technology project- Your endorsement

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Jul 25 15:22:18 JST 2005

Dear Sustran Friends,

As of last week we completed the final stages of the nomination process for
this year's WTN Award for the Seoul Regenerative Technology project team.
You can see the full nomination details and supporting information if you go
to our Kyoto Challenge site at http://kyotocities.org and click the last
item on the left menu, WTN 2005 Nominations.

If you click to the Messages of Support link, you will see that we have
placed there the first several endorsements that have come in during these
last days.  And this is where we hope we may be adding your comments, or if
time is short all we need is your name and title which we can place on the
page to show that not all great transportation ideas are born in Detroit (or
even Paris if I may say so myself).

My hope is that the attention that this process is already generating is
going to have ripple effects, hopefully in a first instance in the Sustran
region, not least because of the awful process of mimicking the worst of the
west that is being so mindlessly engaged in so many of your booming cities.
And then too, wouldn't it be splendid if the rest of the world looked,
thought, learned and perhaps even in time had a whack at this good idea in
their own cities.

There you have it. We have two splendid path-showing candidates this year,
and I am very hopeful that they will get the level of recognition that they
deserve.  We are so in need of good examples.

Eric Britton

Chair, Kyoto World Cities Challenge: 2005-2007

PS. Perhaps you know of other colleagues or even media sources who may be
interested in joining with us in celebrating these important innovators who
are making real contributions in a troubled world of far too few good ideas
(and even less courage for most of the time).  Please invite them to have a
look and join in.

 <http://ericbritton.org>

 <http://www.ericbrittononline.com> Technology, Economy, Society

Francis Eric Knight Britton