[sustran] Economics of Traffic Congestion and TDM

aables at adb.org aables at adb.org
Wed Jul 20 21:45:47 JST 2005

Dear all,

Are you aware of studies/ figures on the economic costs of traffic
congestion and the economic benefits from transport demand management
measures, especially in Asia? We'd like to have some city data preferably
based on actual examples to test the hypothesis that urban centers that
invested on developing their transportation systems integrated to their
urbanization development plans are doing better than others.

The Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities (CAI-Asia) has done a
preliminary assessment of the resources on sustainable transport in Asia
though the pilot project Partnership for Sustainable Urban Transport in
Asia (PSUTA) (www.cleanairnet.org/psuta). The review showed that resources
that deal with transport and economics, especially in Asia, are either not
as many as we'd hope or are not readily available.

We would appreciate receiving studies/ links/ referrals.

Thanks and regards,
Au
Aurora Fe Ables
Transport Researcher
Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities (CAI-Asia)
Asian Development Bank
Tel (632) 632-4444 ext. 70820
Fax (632) 636-2198
Email aables at adb.org