[sustran] Re: The Bangkok car free day - area - Sunday - maybe...

Marcus Wigan oxsys at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 7 22:21:33 JST 2005

carlos

these capacity issues are still very real in
Bangkok, but I wonder if you might at least
consider a slight variation?

if one or two routes could be given PTW / bicycle
priority for say an hour or couple o f hours,
that could make th e point well (and perhaps
limit PTW access to those with 2 people on
broad); this would at east make the point well
with participation, even i f it had to be done on
sunday.

A back up survey could be asking a sample of as
to how people would go if they could have
responded, or what would be required for them to
be able to..

with judicious pr this combination could be used
in a number of ways to make th e car
free/pollution reduction points pretty well.
It just seems a shame not to do the activity in some form at least

marcus Wigan
melbourne