[sustran] FW: [atraPolicy] FW: Following the Yellow Brick Road to PRT

Daryl Oster et3 at et3.com
Fri Jan 7 10:51:05 JST 2005

Parsons-Brinckerhoff was also a consultant for the FHSRA (florida high speed
rail authority).  More than $12M was spent for PB and other firms to: do a
couple traffic surveys (using college students and police officers);
download current high-altitude photos; re-package the I-4 alignment data
with HSR overlays (the I-4 data was paid for and "owned" by FDOT); freshen
up the 1-4 EIS and a few other paper shuffling and legal tasks.

The alignment data was considered one of the most "labors intensive".  The
HSR overlays was therefore a nice "gift" to the two proposers offering HSR
technology. (It took one CAD operator less than a week to modify the i-4 CAD
files with ETT overlays).  The HSR proposals both claimed "millions" were
spent to make their proposals; if so, I would like to see it exposed where
the millions actually went!

Daryl Oster
(c) 2004  all rights reserved.  ETT, et3, MoPod, "space travel on earth"
e-tube, e-tubes,  and the logos thereof are trademarks and or service marks
of et3.com Inc.  For licensing information contact:    et3 at et3.com ,
www.et3.com  POB 1423, Crystal River FL 34423-1423  (352)257-1310