[sustran] Re: WorldTransport Forum TRB session: "Transportation and Logistical Challenges Associated with the Tsunami Disaster"

tara.bartee at dot.state.fl.us tara.bartee at dot.state.fl.us
Fri Jan 7 00:19:12 JST 2005

I will be at TRB, but had planned to be in another session at the same time
as Tsunami session.  If no one else can cover it, I am willing to change
plans and do a summary for the group, but don't feel competent to do a
presentation.

If anyone else is able to cover the session, please let me know as soon as
possible.  I'll be leaving for Washington Saturday morning and won't have
e-mail access once I leave.

I  would encourage others to contact TRB using the link below if able to
address the issues of interest to these groups.  It looks very much like
they are very open to adding presenters.

Tara Bartee
Public Transit Office  FDOT
Voice   850-414-4520
FAX     850-414-4508
E-Mail  tara.bartee at dot.state.fl.us

             "EcoPlan, Paris"
             <eric.britton at eco
             plan.org>                                                  To
                                       <WorldTransport at yahoogroups.com>
             01/06/2005 06:21                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       WorldTransport Forum TRB session:
             Please respond to         "Transportation and Logistical
             WorldTransport at ya         Challenges Associated with the
               hoogroups.com           Tsunami Disaster"

Dear Colleaugess,

I write you with reference to the planned TRB session on Sunday, January 9,
at 8:00 p.m to be given over to “Transportation and Logistical Challenges
Associated with the Tsunami Disaster”.  (See
http://trb.org/news/blurb_detail.asp?id=4530).

My question is this? Is there anyone in our groups who will be there who
might be wiling to report back to us in summary as to how all this goes?
And is there anyone who will be participating and who might be intending to
run with some of our ideas on injecting sustainability criteria into the
first line of the new rebuilding efforts?  And if so, how might this
somehow be achieved at more than the usual level of pure rhetoric (AKA the
greenwash syndrome) that all too often is what we have when our important
topic comes up, if at all.

How might we edge into this session and use it to advance our agreed
agenda?

Since time is so short and we are so very dispersed, it would be good if
the feedback on this might be addressed to both of the main fora:
sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org and NewMobilityCafe at yahoogroups.com.

Eric Britton

The New Mobility/World Transport Agenda
Consult at: http://NewMobiity.org