[sustran] Re: Activity-based travel behaviour studies in the developing world

jeff turner jeffreymturner at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:58:02 JST 2005

Dear Mr King

You may be interested in work I and my colleagues did in Accra, Ghana that
used an activity-based approach to explore travel behaviour amongst
low-income households. This was reported at the 7th WCTR and is posted at:

http://www.geocities.com/transport_research/jtg96.htm

I have posted subsequent work connected to this at:

http://www.geocities.com/transport_research/publi.htm

and have also published a book on the work with Professors Margaret Grieco
and Nana Apt called 'At Christmas and on Rainy Days: Travel, Transport and
the Female Trader of Accra' Ashgate Publishers, Aldershot, 1996.

It may also be useful to explore some of the substantial body of time-use
literature from developing countries particularly Africa, in this respect.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner Transport & Social Development Consultancy Ltd
2 Parkside Ave
Leeds
LS6 4JD

Tel +44 (0)113 278 1994