[sustran] Re: FW: [gatnet] Re: Tempo Boys

Mohsin J. Sarker mohsin_jp at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 15:24:24 JST 2005

Hello

I am a Bangladeshi and a transportation planner, now
working in Japan.

The matter regarding Tempo boys or children involved
in work is a concern of many of us. From my point of
view and experience, we should first ask ourselves
that why they are working. It is not a game so they
are enjoying. Working is hard for children. Why
mothers or fathers are sending or forcing their
children to work, where parents are concerned about
safety and health of their loving children in
developed countries. Of course parents of under
developed countries also love their children; they
also don't want their loving children to work instead
playing and study. But unfortunately, they have no
other alternative to urged their children to work.

As we know there is very job scarcity in Bangladesh.
Moreover the earning of parents only is not enough to
bear family expenses including school cost of their
children. Children are working for food and to help
their parents.

So, instead of providing scope to earn more for
parents, preventing children from work, will increase
crime, worsen the social condition more.

Children in Bangladesh are working very hard. There
are many street children who work in day and study at
night. In oder to put them out of work automatically,
we need to provide more job and scope of better
earning for their parents.

Dr. Mohsin J. Sarker
Transportation Planner
CIS, Utsunomiya, Japan.