[sustran] Help Toronto help you:

ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr ecoplan.adsl at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 13 18:52:54 JST 2004

Dear Sustran Friends of over the years,

You are going to think I am being awfully pushy, perhaps even to the
point of rudeness in insisting a bit on this, but I would like to ask
you to reach into your bank of patience and indulge me as one of your
faithful international partners in sustainable development and social
justice.

Please do this for us (and indeed for yourself):

1.	Click to the Toronto 2004 New Mobility Summit which you will
find at  <http://ecoplan.org/toronto> http://ecoplan.org/toronto. Spend
ten minutes in having a look around.

2.	Then click to the Guestbook.  This open public dialogue has been
prepared to invite and share information, views and support from people
who care about doing better in our cities.  You will see the first
handful of comments and responses, real food for thought, including one
message from our Sustran friend and colleague Kisan Mehta

3.	Actually filling in your own info and views will take you less
than ten, and indeed we think that the exercise, the questions asked may
be of a sort that might be helpful to you in organizing your own
thoughts and actions on the subject.

Finally I would like to invite you to keep your eye on how this works
out in the coming weeks, bearing in mind that the Summit will be taking
place from 20-25 September and that the various reports, etc. will be
put on line as the various events take place.  My thought behind this?
That if some of us put our heads together we can find ways to adapt this
approach to one or two cities in the Sustran bailiwick that badly need
new ideas and orientations - and a far greater sense of urgency and
actions. (This perhaps being the outstanding accomplishment of this
approach, its very short term on-street orientation.)

There you have it and for those of you who do not wish to pitch in here,
I hope at least that you will forgive my boring insistence.  But it's
the only way that I know to get important things done.

;-)

Eric

PS. By the way, I am aware of the fact that the Toronto materials on the
site are  still far from being what they should be, but what you see
here is more or less a first draft cobbled by me from here in Paris. So
if you spot weaknesses, errors, omissions, whatever, it would be very
kind if you would help us do better.

The New Mobility Agenda at http://newmobility.org

The Commons: Open Society Sustainability Initiative

Tel: +331 4326 1323         Mobile: +336 8096 7879

24 hour Fax/Voicemail hotline: +33 (1) 53 01 28 96

IP Videoconference: 81.65.50.63

Email: postmaster @ ecoplan.org