[sustran] Re: Pedestrian Overbridge

Wetzel Dave Davewetzel at tfl.gov.uk
Thu Oct 28 18:56:10 JST 2004

Andy
I'm no expert on pedestrian bridges.

Our policy (not just in Central Business Districts) is to install traffic
light controlled pedestrian crossings wherever suitable. We are replacing
pedestrian bridges (even the one installed in 1986 at Shepherds Bush,
designed like an express train - with MY name on!!).

Dave
Dave Wetzel; Vice-Chair; Transport for London.
Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL. UK
Tel: 020 7941 4200
Intl Tel: +44  207 941 4200

Windsor House is close to New Scotland Yard. Buses 11, 24, 148 and 211
pass the door. (507 passes close by).
Nearest Tube: St. James's Park Underground station.
Nearest mainline stations: Waterloo and Victoria (Both a walk or short
bus ride).
Public cycle parking available outside Windsor House.