[sustran] Asia Vehicle Fleet Database

aables at adb.org aables at adb.org
Sat Oct 9 20:38:55 JST 2004

Dear Colleagues,

We at the Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities (CAI-Asia) Secretariat are
updating our vehicle fleet database for Asia.

We would like to get information on (1) the annual total registered
gasoline and diesel vehicles; and (2) the annual total registered 2-stroke
and 4-stroke motorcycles (2- and 3-wheelers) in Asia from 1990 onwards.

Our present requirements are annual vehicle totals segregated into engine
types (gasoline/diesel or 2-stroke/4-stroke), but we will be very grateful
if you could provide us with more detailed data (e.g. segregated by type of
vehicle - car, UV, bus, truck, trailer).

This information will be utilized for the CAI-Asia Oil Industry Dialogue
and future research activities.  The database will be posted on the
CAI-Asia website with the sources cited accordingly.

If you could provide information on this, please do; otherwise, kindly
refer us to the appropriate resource person/ institute by the end of next
week (15 Oct 2004).

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Cornie Huizenga
Head of Secretariat
Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities (CAI-Asia)
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
+63 2 632 5047 (phone)
+63 2 636 2198 (fax)
chuizenga at adb.org