[sustran] FW: NST on KL public transport changes

Paul Barter paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
Fri Nov 26 12:39:16 JST 2004

Malaysia's Klang Valley starts to get serious about integrating its
public transport - via a merger into one company of a significant
proportion of the services - and apparently with Dutch advice.  It will
be interesting to watch what happens and if the promised service
improvements can be realised. KL certainly needs some improvements,
especially to bus service and to integration.
Paul

Dr Paul A. Barter
LKY School of Public Policy,
National University of Singapore
5 Arts Link, Singapore 117570
Tel: +65-6874 3324;  Fax: +65-6778 1020
Email:  paulbarter at nus.edu.sg

Applications are now open (until 15 Jan. 2005) for our Masters in Public
Policy 2005/2006. See http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/degree_prog_1.htm for
details and application form.