[sustran] Car-free Day.

lela369 lela369 at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 25 02:43:31 JST 2004

Hi  all,

I just tapped into your discussion on car-free day, by accident.
So, I don't know if you are still involved in this issue or not,
or if you are continuing your discussions or not. So, I will just say
a few words about Car-free Day.  It may look good and promising, but
it is not effective, because it does not lead you anywhere
permanently.  It is only for 1 day out of the year and  governments
do not make an effort to implement permanent infrastructure changes.
so, the best strategy to follow is to lobby for Car-free Zones/Areas.

Regards,
Lela.