[sustran] On Noise Pollution

EcoPlan, Paris eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Nov 5 03:20:20 JST 2004

Todd (Litman). You might also add that noise is a far more serious
problem in some countries than others. For example, the noise from
motorized rickshaws in India and Pakistan can be deafening. I think the
stress, lack of sleep and social disruption from noise is a far under
addressed issue. Eric (Brun)

You bet. We share this view and in fact have put noise on the short list
of the ten main public health menaces and targets for the New Mobility
20/20 Challenge Initiative (getting underway on the New Mobility Agenda
at http://newmobility.org and for which more extensive information will
be shared with you shortly).

Regards Eric (Britton)