[sustran] Sustainable Transport Seminar in Pune 19th and 20th November 2004

Sujit Patwardhan sujit at vsnl.com
Tue Nov 2 05:35:27 JST 2004

Dear Sustran friends,
Greetings from Pune.
We are hosting a Seminar "ONE Right Turn: Critical Issues in Urban Mobility
for Developing Countries for the Coming Decades".
Topics include:
-- Urban Transport in Crisis and need for an excellent Public Transport System
-- Decongestions Measures (disincentives for personal vehicles)
-- Pollution, Health, Auto Fuels
-- Non-Motorized options and other innovations like : - Cycles tracks -
Pedestrian paths - Auto vehicle-free zones - Public Spaces
-- Road Safety and Technical aspects:
-- Integrated Traffic Planning, Land Use, Connectivity,  Equity and Access
-- Awareness (including understanding sustainability issues), training and
education of all concerned stakeholders.
--Vision Pune: Where are we heading?
-- Aspects highlighted by different partner organizations and participating
stakeholders.

I would be grateful if any Sustran members would kindly send (or direct me
to) any material that may be useful for this event.

Many thanks,
--
Sujit

Sustainable Urban Transport