[sustran] Re: Vehicle carrying capacity study !

A.J.Plumbe at Bradford.ac.uk A.J.Plumbe at Bradford.ac.uk
Fri May 28 03:25:19 JST 2004

Anil,

Have you tried consulting the Transport Encyclopaedia available at
http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/  ?  Try the sections on Measuring Transportation and
Evaluating Non-Motorised Transport as starters. This source provides
essentially North American practice. It is probably passenger car equivalent
units (pcus) that you are seeking.

Tony Plumbe
(International Development Consultant)

Quoting "Anil K. Raut" <ankraut at wlink.com.np>:

> Dear All:
>
> I am looking for information on how to calculate carrying capacity of
> vehicles in a city (with vehicle number, vehicle speed, road length, road
> width, and traffic flow on major intersections; data available)??
>
> If you have carried out any such studies or know some, please let me know.
>
> I appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anil K. Raut
> Anil K. Raut
> P. O. Box 8846
> Kathmandu, NEPAL
> E-mail: ankraut at wlink.com.np; anil at environmentnepal.com.np
> Tel: 977-1-4232761 (Res.)/977-9841233941 (Mobile)

A.J.Plumbe (Tony)

This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
To report misuse from this email address forward the message
and full headers to misuse at bradford.ac.uk