[sustran] Re: Vehicle carrying capacity study !

Jonathan E. D. Richmond richmond at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 28 01:36:32 JST 2004

There is a great deal of data available on this together with Highway
Capacity Manuals, but it is mostly geared to Western situations and is
often used in inappropriate ways in Asian Contexts. In particulat,
nonmotirized vehicles and pedestrians tend to get ignored. I would
certainly be interested to hear if you discover sources of particular
relevance to Asia. Best of luck.

                                             --Jonathan

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Anil K. Raut wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> I am looking for information on how to calculate carrying capacity of vehicles in a city (with vehicle number, vehicle speed, road length, road width, and traffic flow on major intersections; data available)??
>
> If you have carried out any such studies or know some, please let me know.
>
> I appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anil K. Raut
> ----------------------------
> Anil K. Raut
> P. O. Box 8846
> Kathmandu, NEPAL
> E-mail: ankraut at wlink.com.np; anil at environmentnepal.com.np
> Tel: 977-1-4232761 (Res.)/977-9841233941 (Mobile)

-----

Jonathan E. D. Richmond                               02 524-5510 (office)
Visiting Fellow                               Intl.: 662 524-5510
Transportation Engineering program
School of Civil Engineering, Room N260B               02 524-8257 (home)
Asian Institute of Technology                 Intl.: 662 524-8257
PO Box 4
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120                        02 524-5509 (fax)
Thailand                                      Intl:  662 524-5509

e-mail: richmond at ait.ac.th               Secretary:  Ms. Nisarat Hansuksa
        richmond at alum.mit.edu		              02 524-6051
					      Intl:  662 524-6051
http://the-tech.mit.edu/~richmond/