[sustran] Re: Bus, LRT, and heavy rail - comments from a by-stander

Jonathan E. D. Richmond richmond at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 4 13:47:02 JST 2004

Gina, you are indeed right in that advocacy positions by definition do not
have a claim on truth -- they are pushing a particular position and will
marshall evidence only to defend it. Confusion arises when people who do
objective analyses that find one way or the other get lumped with the
advocates.

                                      --Jonathan

-----

Jonathan E. D. Richmond                               02 524-5510 (office)
Visiting Fellow                               Intl.: 662 524-5510
Transportation Engineering program
School of Civil Engineering, Room N260B               02 524-8257 (home)
Asian Institute of Technology                 Intl.: 662 524-8257
PO Box 4
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120                        02 524-5509 (fax)
Thailand                                      Intl:  662 524-5509

e-mail: richmond at ait.ac.th               Secretary:  Ms. Nisarat Hansuksa
        richmond at alum.mit.edu=09=09              02 524-6051
=09=09=09=09=09      Intl:  662 524-6051
http://the-tech.mit.edu/~richmond/