[sustran] Re: Taxi operation

Bina C. Balakrishnan binac at rediffmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:46:45 JST 2004

Dear Shamsul,

Mumbai has a two taxi unions, and we are taking them along with us on this.

One of our problems right now is the idle cruising of taxis looking for a fare. They get into the middle lane, and crawl at low speed, holding up the rest of the traffic. I think we’ll look into this suggestion of their parking at a stand for a fee, to keep them off the roads when they don’t have a fare.

Regards,
Bina

Bina C. Balakrishnan
Consultant
Transportation Planning and Engineering,
Mumbai, India
e-mail: binac at rediffmail.com