[sustran] Fw: TfL press release - Jubilee Line Extension raises land value around 2 stations by estimated ?2.8billion

Eric Bruun ericbruun at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 02:59:55 JST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wetzel Dave" <Davewetzel at tfl.gov.uk>
To: "'For Your Attention Personally'"
<IMCEACCMAIL-lynnsloman+40tfl+2Egov+2Euk+20at+20smtp at Tfl.gov.uk>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:40 AM
Subject: FW: TfL press release - Jubilee Line Extension raises land value
around 2 stations by estimated £2.8billion

Hi

Forgive me for bothering you but I'm forwarding this important press release
as it confirms the work of Don Riley as published in his book "Taken For A
Ride" where he claims that land values rose by £13bn around the eleven new
stations on the Jubilee Line Extension, here in London, UK.

We now need to discuss how to access this value for transport purposes. I
recommend we investigate Land Value Taxation (also called Site Value Rating)
as an efficient and fair method for tapping into land values.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require further information.

Dave
Dave Wetzel; Vice-Chair; Transport for London.
Windsor House. 42-50 Victoria Street. London. SW1H 0TL. UK
Tel: 020 7941 4200
Windsor House is close to New Scotland Yard. Buses 11, 24, 148, 211 and N11
pass the door.
Nearest Tube: St. James's Park Underground station.
Nearest mainline stations: Waterloo and Victoria (Both a walk or short bus
ride).

*******
The contents of the e-mail and any transmitted files are confidential and
addressed. Transport for London hereby exclude any warranty and any
liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and
any attached transmitted files. If you are not the intended recipient be
advised that you have received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.

postmaster at tfl.gov.uk.

presence of computer viruses.